Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records.
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Northern Ireland Electronic Care Record.
- We may share some of your data with the local Out of Hours Services (e.g. SEBDoc)
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information please click here to download all our Privacy Notices (DOCX, 18KB) or speak to the Data Protection Officer, Andrea Lowry.